In February, we launched Hotspot 2.0 support in 21 airports across the U.S. This advanced technology lets Boingo subscribers automatically connect to Boingo hotspots on a secure, encrypted network. In many ways, it’s like connecting to your home or office Wi-Fi network — the phone stores a special profile and automatically connects and authenticates you when you’re in range.
We originally launched this with support for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches with iOS 7, but we are now adding support for Macintosh laptops running OS X Mavericks (10.9). Any MacBook, MacBookPro, or MacBook Air made in 2011 or later with OS X 10.9 should be able to download, install and use Boingo’s Passpoint Secure profile available from our Next Generation Hotspot profile generator. (If your Mac laptop was made in 2009 or 2010, it might work, but we can’t guarantee it.)
In addition to the original 21 airports, we’ve added two Logan airports! Boston’s Logan International Airport and Billings, Montana’s Logan International Airport both are now accessible using secure Boingo’s Passpoint Secure profiles.
So for all you frequent travelers (especially if you frequent the airports listed below), make sure your Boingo subscription is active and download a Boingo Passpoint Secure profile to your iPhone, iPad or MacBook.
Boingo’s Hotspot 2.0 Airports
- Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS)
- Baltimore-Washington International (BWI)
- Billings Logan International Airport (BIL)
- Boston – Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Buffalo Niagara International (BUF)
- Burbank – Bob Hope International (BUR)
- Chicago – Midway International (MDW)
- Chicago – O’Hare International (ORD)
- Detroit – Metropolitan Wayne County (DTW)
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Memphis International (MEM)
- Milwaukee – General Mitchell International (MKE)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International (MSP)
- Nashville International (BNA)
- New York – John F. Kennedy International (JFK)
- New York – La Guardia International (LGA)
- New York – Stewart International (SWF)
- Newark Liberty International (EWR)
- Oakland International OAK)
- Oklahoma City – Will Rogers International (OKC)
- Omaha – Eppley Airfield (OMA)
- Providence – T.F. Green Airport (PVD)
Want more info on the difference between Hotspot 2.0, Passpoint and Next Generation Hotspots? Our very own Katie O’Neill breaks it out for you in this blog post.