- Despite its reputation as one of the most expensive cities in the world, London does feature some great sights that are free for the taking. Check out this MSNBC list of twenty free attractions in London. Notable places on the list that do not charge for admission include:
- British Museum, home to the Rosetta Stone
- Houses of Parliament, home to the House of Commons and the House of Lords
- National Gallery, which includes artwork by Van Gogh, Renoir, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo
- Tate Modern’s permanent collection, which includes works by Pollock, Warhol, Rodin and Matisse
- Wallace Collection, which is “stuffed with 17th- and 18th-century art works”
- Most of the Hawaiian Islands were not damaged from the recent tsunami in Japan, so — as Governor Neil Abercrombie declared — Hawaii is open for business! Given that Hawaiian tourism is predicted to decline for quite some time, you may find more deals available. According to Frommer’s, the month of May is a time for bargains. For instance, travel company Beach Destinations is currently offering airfare and six nights on Oahu and Maui starting at $832. The company’s default accommodations, which can be customized, are typically budget-friendly. The departure date is May 11, 2011. Book as soon as possible to ensure availability. (Via Frommer’s)
- See the beautiful city of Dublin through travel company Sceptre Tours, which is offering airfare and four nights at the Four Seasons starting at $699. The deal includes complimentary car service for a tour of the city center and the option to extend your stay at the Four Seasons for only $99 per night. Travel now through May 16, 2011 and book by April 8, 2011. (Via Budget Travel)
- If you’re not part of the Virgin America Rewards program, you might want to join after hearing about this deal: between now and April 17, 2011, you can earn Elevate points by simply snapping an Instagram photo of a Virgin America-related place. The contest is open only to U.S. residents. Check out the details at Topguest (Via Virgin America).
- Last but not least, Boingo is offering a free month of Boingo Global plus four blinking luggage tags to the first person to correctly answer these two questions:
1. What do the blue pins and red pins represent on the map view of our new Wi-Fi app, Boingo Wi-Finder?
2. When you launch the app and select the Info option, what is the second question that is listed on that page?
Please post your answers in the comments section below. Good luck!