Travel guide company Frommer’s has named their best ten airports for business-friendly travel. Their criteria for this list centered around the efficiency of an airport, rather than whether it is a “major global hub.” “Bonus points” were awarded to “airports with alluring in-terminal hotels, streamlined baggage claim service, and snappy train service to vital business districts.”
Do you agree with Frommer’s list? Which airports would you add or omit?
- Changi (SIN) in Singapore: Catch a nap in a sleep room or a flick at one of the movie houses.
- *Chek Lap Kak (HKG) in Hong Kong: Two downtown train station allow you to check baggage and print boarding passes. A nine-hole golf course is available as a fun diversion during flight delays.
- *Haneda, a.k.a, Tokyo International (HND) in Tokyo: This airport is closer to central Tokyo than Narita is, and a new international terminal offers an array of food options.
- Ronald Reagan National (DCA) in Washington D.C.: Separate security lines at each terminal make getting through security an efficient process . Plus, there is plenty of seating throughout the airport.
- *Kastrup (CPH) in Copenhagen: According to Frommer’s, this is the “most-connected” of Nordic airports, with electronic signs posted throughout the airport.
- Dubai International (DXB) in Dubai: Work out in the gym or take a dip in the pool during a layover. Or shop til you drop at the 58,000 square-foot shopping center.
- San Francisco International (SFO) in San Francisco: A renovated Terminal 2, to re-open in spring 2011, will offer seats with plug-in power outlets and increased security lanes. The airport also offers quick passports-and-customs processing.
- *Incheon (ICN) in Seoul: This airport has an on-time arrival and departure record of 83%! But if you happen to be among the minority of folks waiting around, you have the option of enjoying a transit hotel, gardens and a “futuristic” train terminal.
- Munich Franz Josef Strauss (MUC) in Munich: The airport boasts its own Bavarian brewery and a showroom of BMWs.
- London City Airport (LCY) in London: Quick baggage claim and international arrivals processing make this one of the most efficient airports. There’s also an in-terminal rail connection.
Boingo members can access Wi-Fi through their Boingo accounts at four airports marked with an *asterisk.
Read the entire article here.