The Good Stuff
Case Study: State Farm Arena’s Wireless Network Is a Slam Dunk
- Case Study
- 3 min read
STATE FARM ARENA | ATLANTA, GA
Home of the Atlanta Hawks, State Farm Arena recently underwent the second-largest renovation in the history of the NBA. The arena, which can seat 15,000+ people, was transformed to become a world-class sports and entertainment destination with state-of-the-art technologies that enhance the fan experience and streamline operations with mobile ticketing, cashless payments and more. From edge-of-your-seat basketball to once-in-a-lifetime concerts, more than 200 events are held at State Farm Arena annually.
State Farm Arena required reliable wireless networks for seamless and secure connectivity from door to seat.
- Demanded strong network coverage across the 680,000 square foot arena, including seating areas, concessions and concourses
- Premium connectivity for new premium guest suites and viewing terraces
- Wireless technology that complemented other technology features in the arena, including a 4,477 square foot, 360-degree video display
With a combination of neutral host cellular DAS and Wi-Fi, Boingo designed, installed and manages innovative network infrastructure that keeps fans connected and operations running smoothly.
- Multi-band capabilities for multi-carrier operations
- 5G-ready networks
- Seamless and secure Wi-Fi connectivity with Passpoint
- Both MIMO and SISO
- Support for 700, 850, 1900, 2100, 2300, and 2600 MHz services
- Reconfiguration options available for changing capacity and coverage
- Real-time network monitoring with insightful user analytics and 24x7x365 technical support
- Wireless solutions do not compromise the arena’s modern design, leveraging discreet and strategically installed antennas
State Farm Arena is a leading sports and entertainment hub that delivers tech-forward and innovative wireless experiences that center on fan interactions. Pollstar recently ranked the venue as one of the top 10 entertainment venues in the world.
“We don’t manage wireless networks. We play basketball. We produce concerts. We were looking for a partner that we could trust, a partner who could do it all, who could make it seamless, and we found a great partner with Boingo.” –Steve Koonin, CEO, Atlanta Hawks
Learn how Boingo’s solutions for your sports and entertainment venue by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.