The Good Stuff
Case Study: Salesforce Transit Center Connects San Francisco with Boingo
- Case Study
- 2 min read
SALESFORCE TRANSIT CENTER | SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Downtown San Francisco’s Salesforce Transit Center merges transportation and the urban experience. This regional hub serves 11 transportation systems including AC Transit, Muni, Greyhound, WestCAT, Lynx, Golden Gate Transit, and SamTrans, and has a five-acre rooftop park that hosts concerts and events.
Salesforce Transit Center wanted to deliver premium wireless coverage to meet connectivity demands, including:
- Strong mobile connectivity to support commuter needs like mobile ticketing, retail purchases, emails and streaming services
- Dependable cellular service for public safety officials and first responders
Boingo designed a distributed antenna system (DAS) network to seamlessly fit Salesforce Transit Center’s one-of-a-kind environments.
- Increased neutral-host network capacity for voice and mobile data users across the transportation hub’s 1.5 million square feet
- Installed public safety network to deliver dedicated coverage for first responders
- Worked alongside the architectural team at Pelli Clarke Pelli to ensure Boingo DAS equipment is discrete and does not interfere with the building’s aesthetics
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
The Salesforce Transit Center’s state-of-the-art neutral-host DAS delivers improved wireless coverage for riders, visitors, and staff, regardless of their carrier while helping enhance safety in San Fransisco’s vibrant downtown.