Satisfy the Demands of Today’s Constantly Connected Consumers
Today’s consumers are more mobile and connected than ever before – more than two-thirds have smartphones and more than one-third have tablets in the U.S. according to Nielsen. In addition to spending more time using mobile devices, they expect ubiquitous wireless connectivity wherever they go and rely on Wi-Fi to stay within their mobile data caps.
Boingo helps satisfy your customers’ demands for constant connectivity while providing carrier-grade, neutral-host technology using S.M.A.R.T. NetworksTM and award-winning Wi-Fi service.
- Addresses the need to offer consumers more choice and control to meet their individual needs with innovative new S.M.A.R.T. network design that is Secure, Multi-platform, Analytics-driven, Responsive, and Tiered
- In-house design and engineering expertise
- Device, protocol and carrier agnostic; supports all wireless standards and protocols
- Modular architecture and platform drives revenue from industry-leading monetization platform
- Preserves valuable internal IT and business resources for strategic initiatives and core competencies
- Committed to innovation; first Wi-Fi operator to launch a production Passpoint network
Consumers Crave Wi-Fi
At high-traffic venues like airports, stadiums, universities, and transit hubs (just to name a few), the demand for mobile data far exceeds the capacity of cellular networks. Data-hungry consumers and bandwidth-hungry devices can place a burden on over-taxed wireless networks, causing decreased performance and painfully slow connection speeds due to network congestion. Our neutral-host model lets everyone access the network, regardless of which carrier they use.
Wi-Fi Networks, Re-Imagined
Keeping consumers satisfied is more complex than simply offering Wi-Fi, because they have different needs when it comes to connectivity. The requirements of an occasional Wi-Fi user who gets online to check email or update Facebook on the go are vastly different from those of a business traveler at the airport, who wants the wireless network to function as an extension of the office. S.M.A.R.T. Networks from Boingo deliver the agility and flexibility that venues need to make changes in real time and match service offerings with customer preferences.
- Secure. S.M.A.R.T. Networks provide access to enterprise-grade secure, encrypted networks using Passpoint technology
- Multi-Platform. Because smartphones, tablets and laptops have different activity and data consumption profiles, S.M.A.R.T. Networks optimize bandwidth based on usage and device
- Analytics-Driven. S.M.A.R.T. Networks enable analytics that deliver valuable business intelligence and customer insight
- Responsive. Because the demand on Wi-Fi networks can vary widely, S.M.A.R.T. Networks continually evaluate the level of service being provided to adapt to demand on the fly
- Tiered. S.M.A.R.T. Networks support multiple classes of service that can be tuned for a defined user experience. The tiers of service classes create user experiences that meet the needs of casual and power users alike
Classes of Service
In a typical venue, the S.M.A.R.T. Network will include three classes of services aimed at three unique user/application profiles. Complimentary Wi-Fi, supported by advertising and sponsorship, provides up to 5 Mbps of speed for users with basic connectivity demands, such as email and Web browsing. A “Turbo Boost” premium tier of service, supporting speeds up to 10 Mbps, is available for power users who want to stream media. And “Enterprise Wi-Fi,” with a super-fast 20 Mbps of speed, is available for frequent business travelers who need the Wi-Fi network to function as an enterprise tool. S.M.A.R.T. Networks also support additional offerings based on a venue’s individual business requirements.
With more than 15 years of experience deploying and operating carrier-grade, neutral-host wireless networks in high-traffic areas and large public venues, Boingo understands the importance of keeping your customers connected to the Internet. Whether you select Boingo for your venue’s high-performance Wi-Fi network, distributed antenna system/cellular DAS, or both, you will gain unmatched technical and operational expertise and a proven track record of delivering value to our partners.
Voted “Best Wi-Fi Service”
by readers of Global Traveler magazine,
6 years and counting
- Fully lifecycle turnkey solution; proven track record of network deployment and operation
- Account management structure provides single point of contact with dedicated client services team and detailed customer usage reporting and analysis
- 24x7x365 network operations (NOC) and management oversight center at Boingo Los Angeles headquarters
- Proprietary monetization platform drives revenue through advertising, wholesale/carrier offload, DAS, and retail subscriptions
- Extensive portfolio: largest operator of airport wireless networks, largest provider of independent indoor DAS in the U.S.
- Voted “Best Wi-Fi Service” by readers of Global Traveler magazine, 6 years and counting
Boingo Managed & Operated Wi-Fi Network Snapshot
Our managed and operated Wi-Fi network spans 2,000+ global commercial hotspot locations reaching more than 1 billion consumers annually.
For Your Location
Find out how Boingo can help satisfy your customers’ demands for constant connectivity while providing industry-leading technology as a fully managed service.
Solution Overview: S.M.A.R.T. Networks for Airports (PDF)
Enhanced Features and Specs: S.M.A.R.T. Networks for Airports (PDF)
Dubai Airports selects Boingo
São Paulo International Airport (GRU) gets ready for some futebol