Please read the contest terms and conditions here.
1) CONTEST PERIOD: The Valentine’s Proposal Contest for Boingo Lovers starts February 1, 2011 and ends February 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM PDT.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to all members of the Boingo community.
3) CHALLENGE: Submit a marriage proposal to Boingo in the form of a video, photo, love letter OR poem.
- Only one submission per contestant.
- Entries must be appropriate for posting. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered.
- Contestants retain the copyright to their entries. Submissions will be credited to the respective contestant . By entering the contest,contestants grant Boingo a license to display each submission on Boingo’s website, social media sites and other online channels in perpetuity without receiving any form of compensation or consideration in return. Any submission may be used by Boingo for display or for use in promotion outside the photo contest.
4) HOW TO ENTER:
- Video: Upload to the Vimeo Boingo Group THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo. Note: you must have a Vimeo account (it’s free) and be a member of the Boingo Group on Vimeo.
- Video length: Videos must be 60 seconds or less.
- Video format: Vimeo accepts the following formats: asf, asx, avi, divx, dv, dvx, m4v, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, qt, wmv, 3g2, 3gp, 3ivx and 3vx. Click here for compression guidelines.
- Video copyright: Videos need to be your own, and you must have rights to use all content within them.
- Photo: Photo must include a caption. Email to email@example.com THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo.. In the email message, include 1) a photo caption 2) your first and last name 3) your telephone number and 4) the email address at which you wish to be contacted.
- Photo formats: Entries must be digital images. Photo file sizes cannot exceed 1MB and must be in JPG, PNG or GIF format.
- Photo editing: Photos may be modified through editing programs such as Photoshop, mobile apps, and/or the camera’s built-in functions.
- Photographer copyright: You must be the original photographer of your photo submission. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted.
- Love letter or poem: Submit in the comments below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo. In the email message, include 1) a title for the love letter or poem 2) your first and last name 3) your telephone number and 4) the email address at which you wish to be contacted.
- File formats: Entries must be in a plain text or word file.
- Love letter/Poem length: entries must not exceed 250 words.
- Love letter/Poem copyright: You must be the original writer of your submission. Do not submit a love letter or poem written by someone other than yourself.
4) PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place winners.
- First place: the best proposer will receive an Apple iPad (16GB, Wi-Fi only) and a free one-year subscription to Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
- Second place: the second best proposer will receive a Roku XDS player for Internet t.v. entertainment and six months of Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
- Third place: the third best proposer will receive a Beating Heart Stress Relief Pillow (with built-in heartbeat vibration technology) and three months of Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
5) WINNER SELECTION: Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, quality, and effectiveness in conveying the contest proposal theme. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges that include: Dave Hagan (Boingo’s president and CEO), Dawn Callahan (Boingo’s VP marketing) and Joshua Zweighaft (Boingo superfan).
6) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The winners will be notified by February 14, 2011 at noon PDT via email. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Boingo’s sole discretion. Boingo reserves the right to announce the winners via the Boingo social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook and Twitter.