For those who haven’t gotten the Passpoint 411, this new technology has the power to connect users with enabled devices to Wi-Fi networks with no user action required. Passpoint finds and connects to Passpoint-enabled Wi-Fi signals automatically. No more trying to find a signal, and login screens are a thing of the past.
Passpoint is a free service to users with Boingo account credentials, and offers a host of other benefits:
- It’s secure. Passpoint offers built-in security, authenticating users onto WPA2 encrypted connections. Or in layman’s terms: the networks enable an enterprise-level secure connection, with no VPNs needed.
- It’s faster. It often delivers better speeds than “traditional” hotspots.
- It’s your new travel tool. Boingo offers automatic Passpoint connectivity at more than 25 airports, plus nearly 100,000 Passpoint-enabled hotspots worldwide, helping you stay connected to fast Wi-Fi on the go.
- It’s available on your favorite devices. Passpoint works on most late model iOS and OSX devices (and now Windows 10 devices, of course). Android support is coming soon!
- It’s free! Did we mention it’s completely free for folks with a Boingo account?
You can activate any number of devices on your Boingo account here. Setup takes just a few seconds, and voila! You’ll be experiencing the next generation of connectivity on your favorite Windows 10 device.