Boingo Subscribers Must Use Boingo Wi-Finder App to Access Time Warner Cable Hotspots Nationwide
Great news for Boingo subscribers, As You Go users and roaming partners! Users can now access Time Warner Cable’s more than 32,000 hotspots throughout the U.S. All of these hotspots are now included in the Boingo Mobile & Boingo Unlimited monthly plans, and can only be accessed using the Boingo Wi-Finder app.
Many of you have already seen the “TWCWiFi” SSID come up in the Boingo location directory in the past few weeks (see below for an example). Based on the inquiries that we’ve gotten about all the new “TWCWiFi” hotspots popping up in the directory, we thought we’d provide some basic info on how to use them.
- First, make sure that you have the Boingo Wi-Finder app – it’s currently the ONLY way to connect to Time Warner hotspots as a Boingo customer.
- If you haven’t already downloaded it, the app is available for iOS and Android devices, and Macintosh and Windows laptops. We’ll wait while you download the app. Got it? Good.
- The first time you get to a “TWCWiFi” hotspot you may need to select the “TWCWiFi” network name in the Wi-Fi Settings menu to initiate the connection. Once connected, the Boingo app will prompt you to log in and store your credentials. This will make it even faster to connect in the future.
- Here comes the easiest part: when you are in range of a “TWCWiFi” hotspot after that – or any Boingo hotspot – the app will automatically notify you that a connection is available. Connecting via the app is one-click simple (click to enlarge the images below):
- If you’re planning a trip and want to see if “TWCWiFi” hotspots will be available, you can also see these in the Boingo location directory. Here’s an example (click to enlarge the image below):
We hope that you find these details helpful, and we’re thrilled to offer even more Wi-Fi coverage to Boingo customers.