Apple announced a whole host of new and updated products this morning — designed to educate, entertain, and delight iOS and Mac OS X users. For many, the most exciting news is the much talked-about and anticipated iPad Mini!
Photo Credit: apple.com
Here’s the skinny on each of today’s product announcements:
- 7.85” screen — 2/3 the size of the full-size iPad
- Weighs 0.68 pounds – half as much as the full-size iPad
- Currently available in Wi-Fi only — order yours beginning Oct. 26th
- Costs $329
Our thoughts: Love the smaller form factor and the enhancements Apple has made to put a more portable tablet in market. Hefty price point – twice as much as the Kindle Fire ($159) or Nexus 7 ($199).
- 80% thinner than previous generation
- 8 pounds lighter than previous generation
- Add on “Fusion Drive”, which combines a traditional hard drive with flash storage (this will make your machine start faster)
- 21.5” screen model starts at $1299 – ships in November
- 27” screen model starts at $1799 – ships in December
Our thoughts: This is a really, really nice looking desktop. Love the idea of adding on flash storage for a zippier machine!
- New processors
- Updated memory configurations
- $599 for base unit – available now
Our thoughts: Glad to see a new Mac Mini model. Great little computer that packs a lot of punch and doesn’t take over valuable desk space. Nice as a media server!
13” Retina Display Macbook Pro
- Smallest Macbook Pro, plus a 13” retina display
- 30% thinner than previous model
- Weighs a pound less than previous model
- 7 hours of battery life
- 8 GB of RAM
- Begins at $1699 (Non-retina display begins at $1199)
Our thoughts: Small form factor, powerful hardware, and an amazing display makes this our ideal laptop, for sure! The price point is a little high, but we’d love to check it out in person.
What do you think? Are any of these new products on your must-buy list?