Today, we announced a new roaming partnership with Wire and Wireless (Wi2) that adds 3000 hotspots to the Boingo network in Japan. This brings the number of Boingo locations to almost 9000 in Japan and over 150,000 in the Asia Pacific region. Kanpai!
Meeting the Wi-Fi needs of the international community has been (and continues to be) one of Boingo’s key areas of focus. For Asia Pacific, specifically, our 2011 efforts thus far include:
- The just-announced 3000 hotspots with Wi2
- 40,000 new hotspots in Korea via an agreement with LG Uplus
- The international release of iOS Boingo Wi-Finder Credits app
- An unlimited Asia-Pacific Wi-Fi plan that covers over twenty-five countries at one low rate
- The addition of New Bangkok Airport to Boingo’s managed and operated network
We want to be the go-to Wi-Fi provider for those living and traveling through the Asia Pacific region, so we look for your continued suggestions on how we’re doing, and how we can serve you even better.