We attended SXSW Interactive for the first time ever and boy, what a wonderful geek fest it was! The highlights of our trip included:
- Making new friends with lots of smart people
- Handing out complimentary one-hour Wi-Fi access passes
- Being a part of the community to rally support for Japan’s earthquake and tsunami victims
- Indulging in Austin BBQ and food trucks
- Listening to inspiring keynotes and speakers. Our top three picks:
- Marissa Mayer, Google’s vice president of consumer services, on Google maps for mobile and location services.
- Blake Mycoskie, Founder of TOMS shoes, on the genesis of TOMS shoes and tips for attracting loyal customers and good employees by making them feel they’re a part of something bigger: Part I and Part II.
- Scott Belksy, author of the book Making Ideas Happen, on cultivating creativity and unleashing great ideas in an organization. We couldn’t find a good video of his presentation at SXSW but here is the exact same talk he gave at TED 2011.
Thanks to the city of Austin and cheers to Boingo friends, old and new! Here’s a video of Boingo superfans giving us some love.