Okay, Boingo fans… in celebration of Valentine’s Day, we invite you to participate in a challenge befitting our most ardent admirers: If you really love us, why don’t you get serious and propose? Yes, we’re talking about a marriage proposal.
Because every suitor is unique, we’re open to receiving different forms of proposals. If you like to express yourself in person, ask for our hand in a video. Are you a paramour of few words? A picture is worth a thousand kisses. Or, if you have a way with words, sweep us off our feet with a love letter or poem.
Now, before you book the reception and sweat over the invite list, we have to warn you: we can’t commit to marrying you. However, as a token of our appreciation, we will reward the best three proposals with the following prizes (not to mention our undying affection):
- First place: the best proposer will receive an Apple iPad (16GB, Wi-Fi only) and a free one-year subscription to Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
- Second place: the second best proposer will receive a Roku XDS player for Internet TV entertainment and a six-month subscription to Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
- Third place: the third best proposer will receive a Beating Heart Stress Relief Pillow (with built-in heartbeat vibration technology) and a three-month subscription to Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi.
Are you getting in the mood yet? Here’s what you need to know:
- Contest starts February 1, 2011 and ends February 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM PDT.
- Propose to Boingo in the form of a video, photo, love letter OR poem. You may submit only one entry.
- Video must be 60 seconds or less. Upload to the Vimeo Boingo Group THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo. Note: you must have a Vimeo account (it’s free) and be a member of the Boingo Group on Vimeo.
- Photo must include a caption. Email to email@example.com THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo.
- Love letter or poem must be 250 words or fewer. Submit in the comments below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, THEN tweet a link to this post using #marrymeboingo.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges that include: Dave Hagan (Boingo president & CEO), Dawn Callahan (Boingo VP marketing), and Joshua Zweighaft (Boingo superfan).
May the best proposal win. Good luck!
Need inspiration? Watch this video.