Here are the tech deals that caught our eye for Thursday, 2/03/2011. We are especially fascinated by the Gigantor Digital Photo Frame and would love to know if anyone owns one of these puppies.
- Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit for $13.99 through Shnoop (list price: $39.95): Repeat after us: “I will not talk, text, or fiddle around with my gadgets while I am driving.” If you must talk and text while driving, do so safely with a handsfree bluetooth car kit like this one, made by Cyanics. What’s included: mini-USB cable and 12V DC car cigarette lighter charger adapter. (Via Gadling)
- Canon 12.8MP digital camera for $99.99 through BestBuy (list price: $159.99): The Canon brand might as well be synonymous with “camera.” We’ve owned several Canon point-and-shoot cameras over the years, and none of them have disappointed. Customers consistently give this particular camera a high rating, and CNET wrote a favorable review back in April 2010. What’s included: rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery charger, USB cable and A/V cable. (Via BestBuy).
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack For Three Users for $109.99 through Amazon (list price: $149.95): Okay, so this item isn’t a sexy gadget but it’s necessary for those of us with more than one home computer. And, as one customer reviewer says, “This 3 license package is a great way to upgrade all of your PCs in your home for one low price.” (Via skimp.org)
- Gigantor Digital Photo Frame for $149.99 through ThinkGeek (list price: $219.99): At fifteen inches, this digital photo frame is one of the largest we’ve seen. If you haven’t purchased a Valentine’s Day gift for your sweetie, this might be a winner. We especially love the frame’s ability to play video. Features include: 1024×768 resolution, built-in speakers, support for eight different media types, and MPEG video & MP3 playback. (Via ThinkGeek)
- Samsung UN55C8000 55″ LED TV for $1979.99 through Power Seller NYC (list price: $3499): We were browsing around for the best HDTVs for sports fans and came across PCWorld’s top five recommendations, one of which was this Samsung TV. According to PCWorld, this TV “handles motion exceptionally smoothly, as you’d expect from an LCD TV with a 240Hz refresh rate.” (Via PCWorld)