We’re excited to bring you a new weekly post, Tech Thursday Gadget Deals, designed for those of us afflicted with a fetish for gadgets. Each week, we’ll feature five gadget deals geared towards helping you save money as you build your empire of tech toys.
For Thursday, 1/13/11, here are a few discounts you might find compelling.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab for $299 through Sprint (list price: $499.99): Sprint is currently offering the lowest price on this tablet, hailed by the WSJ as the iPad’s “first credible competitor” in this article. We were wowed when we saw a demo of the Samsung Galaxy Tab at CES 2011. Read more about our impressions. Note that a two-year data contract is required with purchase. (Via Tablets Planet)
- HTC EVO 4G Android Phone through Amazon (list price: $299.99): We’ve had the opportunity to play with this device and we think it’s darn awesome. High-level specs include: Android 2.1 OS, 4.3” 480 x 800 WVGA OLED touch screen, 1 GHz processor, and 8MP camera with video. Note that a two-year Sprint data contract is required with purchase. (Via TechDealDigger)
- 40-inch Toshiba 40E200U LCD HDTV for $433.99 through Amazon (list price: $699): This Toshiba HDTV looks great as part of a state-of-the-art home entertainment system for enjoying multiple media experiences, e.g., shows, movies, games, photos, music, and more. Amazon customers seem happy with their purchase, giving the Toshiba HDTV an average rating of four out of five stars. (Via Spoofee)
- Outlets to Go 3 USB for $3.99 through Amazon (list price: $19.99): Most business travelers hit the road with at least two gadgets, a laptop and a phone. This compact power strip transforms one outlet into three. Amazon customers give it four out of five stars. (Via Gadling)
- iPad Flip Jacket for $24.99 though ThinkGeek (list price: $49.99): It’s stylish, functional and inexpensive. Brief description: canvas and leather trimmed jacket, elastic strap, 7.75in x 10in x 1in and 9.4oz. (Via ThinkGeek)
Do you already own any of these items and if so, please share your experience.