Dear Apple iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad fans,
Note: if your Apple device is already running iOS 4.1, you must install the new Boingo software in order to connect to Boingo hotspots. Previous versions of Boingo software will no longer work on iOS 4.1.
To download the free apps, click on the following links:
- Boingo Mobile for iPod Touch/iPhone
- Boingo Mobile for iPad
- Boingo Wi-Fi Credits for iPod Touch/iPhone
- Boingo Wi-Fi Credits for iPad
Here are the highlights of our iOS 4.1 software update:
- iPad support in portrait or landscape mode
- Option for auto-connection to Boingo hotspots
- Auto-notification of nearby Wi-Fi hotspots
- Even faster connectivity to hotspots
- Mapping feature displays hotspots near current location, with address and navigation information included
Here’s a screenshot demo on using the new mapping feature:
1. To find a Wi-Fi hotspot near your current location, tap on Find Hotspots Near Me.
2. A map of Wi-Fi hotspots (denoted by pushpins) in your vicinity will launch.
3. Tap on a pushpin to view the hotspot venue name and address.
4. Tap on the hotspot venue name to view more details, such as the phone number and directions to the hotspot venue.