Joe Brancatelli, writer for Portfolio.com and veteran road warrior, shares his list of gadgets and services for making life out of the office more bearable.
- Flight Tracker: FlightStats, online and mobile versions
- Computer Manager: LogMeIn offers “Web-based remote computer access, support, and management”
- VoIP System: Skype for laptops and cell phones “obliterates the high cost of calling” during international travel
- Wi-Fi Roaming Service: you guessed it…Boingo Wireless! “The world is full of WiFi hotspots, but most of them are behind a confusing array of high-priced firewalls. Boingo vaults you over most of those walls at a fair price: $9.95 a month for unlimited access in North America or $59 a month for unlimited global access.“
- Portable Power System: $90 everwhereMax Laptop Charger
- Plug Adapter: Universal World Travel AC Adapter with USB Power Port
- External Drive: OWC Mercury (doesn’t require AC adapter) or eGo Portable hard drive (stylish)
Read the entire article here.