Is your smartphone filling up with applications you rarely (never) use? Welcome to the club.
According to various studies, “smartphone users download many more apps than they actually use,” and “consumers stop using the vast majority of iPhone apps almost immediately.”
If you’re looking for applications you will cherish and use daily, check out Fierce Wireless’ list of top ten mobile apps designed to be part of your everyday life:
- Aha (free): “…connects iPhone users from across major U.S. cities including Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle and Washington, D.C., to share real-time information on traffic conditions.”
- MotionX GPS ($2.99): “…premium location app optimized for the iPhone 3GS, complete with accelerometric-assisted GPS for improved accuracy…indicates and tracks the user’s position wherever they go–not just on street maps, but also topographic and satellite maps, which explains why the software is so popular with runners, hikers, skiers and boaters.”
- Put Things Off ($2.99): ” …expressly targets procrastinators… encourages users to focus on what’s important each day and ‘put off stuff that’s not’–its touch-based filing system incorporates a series of virtual trays that separate tasks according to priority level, with completed chores disappearing in a puff of smoke.” Available for iPhone.
- Sherpa (free): “..local discovery application optimized for Android…promises a customized user experience that improves each time you use it, recommending retailers, restaurants and attractions as it begins to understand your likes, dislikes and behavioral patterns.”
- Wertago (free): location-sensitive mobile social networking app… grand prize winner in last year’s Android Developer Challenge…pinpoints where the action is, complete with real-time ratings, tags and reviews…also tells you which of your friends are already there and includes tools to message and coordinate plans with them.” Available for various smartphones.
Check out the entire article here.